Assistant EHS Compliance Specialist
1431 Opus Place, Suite 400 Downers Grove, IL 60515 US
- The Environmental Services (ENS) Global Practice of our client is currently seeking an assistant Environmental Compliance Specialist to support our Chicago and Midwest operations.
- The position requires strong regulatory and technical understanding of facility and corporate-level environmental permitting/compliance support, including environmental multi-media compliance auditing, environmental site assessments, developing and preparing Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) plans and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs), hazardous waste management (RCRA), and federal and state EPCRA reporting.
- This positional also requires experience with Phase I Environmental Site Assessments or environmental desktop reviews.
Yes, there may be travel, maybe 15-20% of the time.
Could you personal car, rental or fleet vehicles
Must be fully vaccinated since candidate might be working on multiple projects and each site have different requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental science or related degree from accredited program.
- Minimum 3 years related consulting experience providing professional environmental services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and desire to conduct technical research, expand technical knowledge basis, and remain current on new regulations and market trends
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work within a Team framework
- Report writing experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.