Field Service Technician
5944 E N Ave Kalamazoo, MI 49048 US
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Job Description Overview
Field Service Technicians are responsible for the service of company customers and product lines. They perform preventive maintenance, site surveys, installations, modifications, equipment start-ups, provide training and re-training in the use of company equipment. This position reports to the Technical Development Coordinator and Customer Service Manager as necessary.
- Ability to travel – 50% (US and International travel).
- Dedication to excellence and a quality output.
- Honest, Reliable, and displays irreversible Integrity.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge and ability to perform high quality welds.
- Working knowledge of PLC controls and logic.
- Hydraulic knowledge/troubleshooting beneficial.
- High School education, technical training, and 2 to 4 years of related technical service work.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situation.
- Ability to adhere to Standard Operating Procedure.
- Able to complete service reports at the completion of service, to provide customer resolution.
- Promoting excellence throughout the department.
- Service company products at customer locations.
- Provide training and re-training in the use of company equipment at customer locations.
- Provide phone service and troubleshooting support from home office.
- Provide sales leads to Sales Department.
- Determine parts required for in field repairs.
- Co-ordination of service trips including travel plans.
- Accurately communicate and discuss problems with customers.
- Document all aspects of Service work performed.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.