Senior Controls Specialist
5000 DOMINION BLVD Glen Allen, VA 23060 US
- Working under minimal supervision, the Cost & Project Analyst acts as the financial advisor to the integrated project team.
- Support services include standard and ad hoc financial analysis focused on tracking project performance and anticipating problem conditions.
- This challenging role requires knowledge of accounting concepts and adherence to established policies while exercising creativity to assess problems and recommend solutions.
- Provides current status of programs/projects to Finance Manager and Digital Project Manager.
- Develop, implement and coordinate planning, estimating, and forecasting for SLR Digital projects.
- Develop and review project estimates.
- Monitor actual project cost and/or work status data to ensure projects proceed on schedule and within budget and provide status reports to management.
- Provide contract administration such as preparing purchase order requisitions, validating invoices and working with vendors to resolve issues.
- Implement, evaluate and monitor controls systems.
- Conduct meetings with vendors and company stakeholders on control matters.
- Implement control policy and procedures.
Other related duties include:
- Produces timely monthly reports and ensures formal communication of detailed variance analysis on a monthly basis. Provides supporting documentation to track project variances throughout the project lifecycle and for financial transactions.
- Coordinates the preparation of the Digital annual budget, monthly forecasts, and rider filing data.
- Prepares monthly forecast for assigned projects and ensures inputs are provide in a timely manner into the capital system (CAPS) and ensures all data is provided for executive requests for funding approval through the Project Funding Review Board.
- Ensures data integrity as it relates to reporting and analytics.
- Ability to develop Ad Hoc MS Excel models to summarize large data sets.
- Ability to handle complex work and all aspects of the job using wide knowledge of the field and mastery
- Self-starter and makes decisions independently.
- Strong attention to detail and high ethical standards.
- Ability to work as part of team of managers and technical personnel.
- Proactive in identifying and solving problems of high complexity.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical / logical approach.
- Ability to synthesize diverse information (technical, schedule, and cost) and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to consistently deliver accurate financial reporting.
- Proficient in Excel and SAP
- What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Nice to Have Skills:
- SAP, Excel, Power Query
High Level Project Overview:
- Serve as Digital Team Cost Controls Analyst to support Project Managers with multi-million dollar capital projects.
Preferred Years of Experience:
- Bachelors degree plus 5 years of cost or finance experience or estimating experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Other education - Accounting, Business, Finance, Construction management.
- Are there any specific companies/industries youd like to see in the candidates experience?
- Nuclear, Construction, Manufacturing, Utility
- Preferred Interview Process Overview (High level):
- TEAMS Meeting
- At any time is overtime required or would you say it is just available as a function of the job?Peak periods, such as month end, yearend, budget planning periods
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.