Administrative Assistant - Estimating
Appleton, WI 54911 US
- To provide administrative support for the Estimating Department, focusing on bid preparation.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare outgoing bid proposal emails, FTP site uploads, overnight packages and other routine correspondence.
- Organize and maintain consistent file structure/system for all bids and bid documents/emails/attachments, for easy access on SharePoint file system.
- Makes copies and PDF’s of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Organize and verify with Estimator(s) the files/documents to be submitted with proposals and revisions.
- Coordinator with the Proposal Manager regarding format of outgoing proposal documentation.
- Download RFP documents from clients to SharePoint bid folder locations.
- Ensure proposal letters are accurate and free of grammatical errors.
- Keep updated client, vendor, and subcontractor records in the CRM system.
- Work closely with the Labor Rates Specialist to ensure updated labor rates in system and generate labor rate report for estimators. May be required to contact union representatives to obtain correct labor rate information.
- Attend various department and bid meetings and record meeting notes in OneNote.
- Create and maintain various department spreadsheets (Time & Material, Proposal Log, Green Sheet, etc.)
- Prepares annually the standing time and material rate agreements with key customers.
- Ensure department office supplies are stocked. Working with Purchasing/Procurement to order as needed.
- Back up receptionist as necessary.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations; ability to diffuse confrontational situations.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities and strives to build knowledge and skills.
- Flexibility – Readily adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; meets commitments.
- Written Communication – Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in a positive manner; listens and gets clarification responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in/conducts meetings.
- Organizational Support – Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Productively gives and welcomes feedback.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the truth in others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams), Bluebeam, and Document signing software. Experience in Oracle is a plus.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and remain focused in a deadline driven department.
- Knowledge of the construction industry is helpful.
- Must have flexibility to work until 5pm Monday thru Friday.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time; frequently required to feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will be exposed to general office conditions.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.