Assistant Civil Designer
9400 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
- Experience completing designs using Bentley OpenRoads/OpenSite preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and two years related experience or Associate's degree and three years related experience or four years progressive detailing and design experience.
- Strong understanding of design software such as: Civil3D, Bentley OpenRoads, Bentley OpenSite, Mathcad, and Excel to develop the design deliverables. Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Basic knowledge in design, calculations, and design systems.
- Basic knowledge in the theory and practices of engineering discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Assist in planning and preparing detailed drawings by applying standardized drawing techniques from detailed sketches, verbal instructions, and notes under the direction of an engineer.
- Collect initial drawings, calculations, and design ideas from engineers, and combine relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification
- Apply company, client, and project drafting standards and procedures to draft control schematics, wiring diagrams and equipment connection diagrams.
- Assist in coordinating with engineers and project managers to understand project requirements and verify design details according to company standards and best practices
- Assist in providing a range of drawing production work including problem analysis, layout, detailing, and drafting on projects of substantial variety and complexity.
- Assist in drafting activities with designers and drafters in other disciplines.
- Communicate and correspond with internal design resources and external clients and personnel.
- Execute design changes and project drawing revisions.
- Maintain CAD proficiency and work toward mastering current CAD systems.
- All other duties as assigned.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.