Assistant Electrical Detailer - Substation
100 Energy Way Fort Worth, TX 76102 US
- An Assistant Electrical Designer will assist in various phases of planning, site evaluations, analytical designs, report preparation, specifications, and preparation of proposal and construction documentation and electrical plans as part of a project team.
- This position will work on various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients.
- Assist in designing various electrical project designs including creating electrical schematics, grid plan layouts, electrical power systems, lighting systems, protection and controls, and site and facility design.
- Follow all company, client and project design and drafting standards.
- Assist with set up of electrical CAD configuration and procedures according to project requirements at the beginning of a project for the electrical design team.
- Assist in preparing engineering drawings from rough sketches or from general engineering and design information (verbal instructions and notes) using CAD software programs
- Assist with a full range of drawing production work including problem analysis, design layout and calculations on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Assist with a variety of assignments using prescribed methods and standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation, sizing various system components and refining rough sketches.
- Assist with initial rough designs or sketches and redlines or mark-ups on ongoing projects.
- Assist with analyzing reports, drawings, and tests, to plan and design projects.
- Apply design codes and specifications related to design requirements.
- Complete and review design drawings within scope, budget and schedule. Perform poject tasks and assignments within budgeted hours and deadlines.
- Incorporate schedules, budgets and project criteria into electrical design and layouts.
- Organize and maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and two years related experience or associate's degree and three years related experience or four years progressive detailing and design experience.
- Strong understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Excel to develop the design deliverables.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Basic knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
- Basic knowledge in the theory and practices of engineering discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.