Assistant GIS Specialist
4004 Summit Blvd. Ste. 1200 Brookhaven, GA 30319 US
- Developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data using ArcGIS Pro.
- Heavy usage and development of web-based mapping tools (primarily within ArcGIS Online), including the construction and maintenance of mapping applications using low-to-no-code platforms.
- Assist in projections and transformations of data for project deliverables.
- Assist in developing project strategies, including technical approach, resource planning, and project schedules.
- Assist with digital feature extraction and data conversions from multiple softwares and data sources (e.g. MS Excel spreadsheets, different database types, ArcMap 10.0 products, etc.), including georeferencing tasks.
- Assist in implementation of automation tools and outsourced labor to make processes more efficient and scalable.
- Assist with implementing and managing field data collection tools and tasks, including the use of GPS devices and execution of post-processing.
- Frequent static map production to support reporting or presentations.
- Assist with data-gathering from outside sources, both public and private, and with other research to support geospatial projects (e.g. land survey records search, local regulations, etc.)
- All other duties as assigned.
- Candidates with ARCH Pro is best.
- Candidates with Science degrees work best
- Python, Lidar and FEM software is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, geography, environmental science, or closely related natural science field.
- Experience working in the ArcGIS desktop environment is required (AcrMap 10.0 or higher, ArcCatalog, and preference for ArcGIS Pro experience). Experience working the ArcGIS Online environment is preferred.
- Experience with an array of geoprocessing workflows and strategies for GIS data analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in Script writing, Model Builder, Python, VBScript, or Arcade a plus
- Prior GIS and applicable natural science field experience a plus
- A strong willingness to continuously learn new skills and techniques.
- Thrives in challenging environments, able to work well under pressure
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.