Assistant Project Manager - Stormwater
15850 Crabbs Branch Way #200 Rockville, MD 20852 US
- Support the full life cycle of stormwater and civil engineering projects along with a team comprised of a high functioning team of engineers, senior stormwater bid managers, and experienced construction crews
- Lead smaller projects, and/or scopes within larger projects, with a clear growth path of ownership in project delivery, client interaction, and subcontractor delivery
- Review technical RFP’s and/or non-compliant sites to define the scope, and then create proposals for cost with delivery methodology clearly depicted.
- Work with our current team of the subcontractors and/or build new subcontractor relationships to make Apex more competitive in bid opportunities.
- Conduct audits for safety, quality, and budget performance to ensure a successful project.
- Company-subsidized medical and dental
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US
- Interest and personal commitment to sustained success and growth of stormwater and related services.
- Previous experience in working for a general contractor and/or subcontractor is preferred. Conducting oversight on projects as a client representative will not be sufficient.
- We prefer applicants with on the job experience that have a grasp on how construction projects operate (resources, equipment, scheduling, subcontracts, all feeding into scope, schedule, and budget. This can include project assistants, foreman, superintendents.
- A BA/BS in geotechnical, construction, and/or civil Engineering with the previous mentioned experience is a plus.
- +3 years of proven technical experience with stormwater construction projects.
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships through effective and proactive communication, daily project status updates, and responsiveness to issues as they arise.
- Ability to support project execution plan detailing scope, schedule, budget, quality and risk management activities and successfully implement and manage projects including but not limited to bioretention, bio-filtration systems, pond and stream restoration and other related stormwater projects.
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and willingness to take proactive corrective actions with a “can-do” attitude and a growth mindset.
- Working understanding of general construction industry, familiarity with terminology.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and project schedule software is preferred, or the ability to learn within 3 months on job
- Applicants must be willing to roll up sleeves work in the field, not all the time, but on occasion when a schedule deadline must be completed.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.