Assistant Project Manager General
1001 E. Hector St Conshohocken, PA 19428 US
The Assistant Project Manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of work and is responsible for the profit and loss of individual projects and the successful completion of projects within specified dates.
The Assistant Project Manager is also responsible for establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the owner, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and other project stakeholders.
Major responsibilities for this opportunity will include:
- Develop and support a client project management office (PMO) from project initiation through planning, execution, monitoring/controlling, and closeout
- Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide an appropriate recommendation
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving challenging and complex problems
- Proactively identify risks and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues
- Partner with clients to develop both technical and business requirements
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to analyze, design, & deliver innovative solutions for a wide variety of technical topics
- Prepare proposal and deliver client presentations
- Work closely with both IT and business clients, to best align business needs with technical capability/feasibility
- Develop and monitor project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs
- Assist with project financials, staffing projections, legal coordination, risk management, change management, and team development
- Work closely with the project team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction and that projects are following QA/QC guidelines.
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited program.
- Minimum of three years of IT or telecommunications project experience with at least two years related project management experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
- Ability to apply structured approaches and methodologies to your project work
- Ability to develop a set of actionable and targeted project plans or project strategies as necessary
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a vast array of information
- Rigorous and logical problem-solving approach
- Adaptable self-starter who can create structure in ambiguous environments
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Financial acumen in cost accrual and forecasting required.
- Experience in data analytics and visualization in PowerBI or a related platform required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project or Primavera scheduling software required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred. Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.