Assistant Project Manager
Detroit, MI 48201 US
- With the current and anticipated upcoming workload, we are in need of expanding that team by adding an Assistant Project Manager.
- This role will be focused on supporting a variety of EPC projects ranging amongst overhead transmission and air-insulated substations and switchyards.
- Keys to this role will be: excellent written and verbal communicator, ability to manage multiple stakeholders, ability to self-start when project conditions change and lead the team to a solution, ability to understand and follow the client’s process and procedures for budget authorizations, budget management, scope awards, outage coordination, labor utilization, etc.
- In addition, the role will include design coordination, design constructability reviews, field construction coordination, and material, equipment and subcontractor RFPs, evaluation, onboarding and coordination.
- Role can be based in Chicago, IL, Madison, WI or Detroit, MI with a preference towards Detroit
- . Travel to project sites in the upper Midwest will be required.
- The CWK will travel to project sites in the upper Midwest 25-50% depending on whether projects are in construction or not.
- The individual can use their own personal vehicle to travel to different project site (mileage will be reimburse) OR flight/lodging/rental will be reimbursed.
- Must have VALID DL.
- Candidate will have a degree in electrical engineering, civil engineering or construction management (accredited program) and will have 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- Having substation/utility electrical experience is a MUST (listed on resume).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.