Assistant Project Manager
2451 Industry Avenue Doraville, GA 30360 US
Summary: Work closely with Project Manager Team in planning, creating, and managing project schedules and assisting with daily project management activities. Assist in facilitating new product introduction from concept through commercialization, leading risk mitigation and project planning activities as required to meet time-to-market, quality, and cost objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to the New Product Introduction process as well as aid in the education of others within the organization.
- Drive continuous improvement of the New Product Introduction process.
- Assist in managing a dynamic portfolio of product introductions that follow both concurrent and separate launch timing.
- Involve all actors early in product introduction process to guarantee smooth integration of new materials and technologies.
- Create and maintain project timelines and deliverables in support of on-time completion of product Phase Gates.
- Assist with analysis regarding project status, challenges, and resource needs.
- Drive proactive risk mitigation through preliminary complexity assessment and ongoing failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Contribute to future product visions and drive changes in manufacturing, SKU reductions, and processes that are more manufacturing friendly.
- Apply general knowledge of engineering and manufacturing to include product design and reach objectives in the most economical manner possible.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project and MS Office Suite.
- Strong analytical and technical ability to problem solve
- Flexible enough to plan and accomplish goals as either project support or project lead
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a high level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Problem Identification and Resolution
- Solutions Development
- 0-3 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment and in product design and testing, is preferred
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.