Assistant Project Manager
4480 Cox Rd, Glen Allen, VA 23060 US
- The position will be based in the project office Richmond area.
- This is for a T&D role and it would be ideal if candidates have experience in that field, but it is not required.
- Our Transmission & Distribution global practice has an immediate need for an Assistant Construction Manager to support a program consisting of a combination of small to moderate size transmission, substation, and communication projects.
- The Assistant Construction Manager will support a Project Manager with the execution and management of all aspects of the work related to the engineering, permitting, construction, and capitalization of multiple concurrent high voltage overhead transmission line, substation, and communication equipment improvement projects.
- Assistant Construction Manager will report directly to the Lead Project Manager and is responsible to support cost management of the individual projects, the successful completion of the projects within the specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and any other project stakeholders.
Major responsibilities for the Project Manager will include:
- Provide support for the project manager from development, construction and closeout including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout.
- Maintain clear lines of communication and relationships between project site, project office and clients.
- Help drive project schedules and manage scope
- Provide support in maintaining detailed, accurate project cost forecasts and accruals
- Work closely with the Project Team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to clients satisfaction
- Report regularly to the Project Manager on construction progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring home office support
- Candidates for this position must have a Bachelor' s degree in engineering, construction management or related field from an accredited curriculum.
- Minimum of two (2) years of project experience execution or development.
- Benefit if candidates have knowledge in substations, networks/telecommunications, or transmission lines.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus but not mandatory.
- Ability to travel.
- Valid driver' s license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company' s vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company' s Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.