Assistant Project/Program Manager
1431 Opus Place, Suite 400 Downers Grove, IL 60515 US
- Our client currently maintains a team of individuals managing a variety of projects and programs for the Chicago electric utility. With the current and anticipated upcoming workload, we are in need of expanding that team by adding an Assistant Project/Program Manager.
- This role will be focused on supporting a variety of projects ranging amongst transmission, distribution, substation, and fiber construction.
- excellent written and verbal communicator,
- ability to manage multiple stakeholders,
- ability to self-start when project conditions change and lead the team to a solution,
- ability to understand and follow the client’s process and procedures for budget authorizations,
- budget management, scope awards,
- outage coordination,
- labor utilization, etc.
In addition, the role will include design coordination, design constructability reviews, field construction coordination, and material and equipment coordination.
Role will be based in Chicago with local travel to project sites in service territory in Illinois.
Travel to client offices/project sites required as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. If candidate doesn't have the applicable Bachelor's degree, candidate must have 10 years relevant experience (with Associates).
- A minimum of 5 years relevant construction experience required with the required Bachelor's degree.
- Ideal candidate will have a degree in electrical engineering or construction management and will have 5-7 years of experience. Having substation/utility electrical experience is required. Having worked for a Utility or Utility Contractor is preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.