Assistant Project Specialist
544 White Pond Drive Suite 300 Akron, OH 44320 US
- Set up the accounting compliance of Transmission cost collectors.
- Research correct asset ownership and incorporate in the development of the project accounting.
- Determine correct project accounting settlement rules relating to Operating Companies, Voltage, Capital, Removal, O&M of project accounting.
- Support the financial forecasting group with project accounting issues, CIAC (make the necessary system entries to ensure accurate posting) and create journal entries as needed.
- Support the Transmission Portfolio Development group by creating project WBS’s and work orders in SAP for projects approved in the Transmission Portfolio.
- Ensure that the correct WBS’s and work orders are mapped to the appropriate project RPA.
- Run master data queries; ensure the integrity of the Master Data in SAP and PowerPlant is accurate; make the necessary modifications as required.
- Support ad hoc research of WBS’s and work orders.
- Support the monthly financial reporting process.
- Support Transmission Forecast Tool.
- Bachelor or Associate’s degree preferred in business or financial related program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who will thrive in a team environment willing to ask questions.
- Utility accounting experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn new software accounting tools.
- Knowledge of FERC accounting is preferred.
- On job training will be provided for utility accounting and relevant software.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.