Assistant Project Specialist
9191 Jamaica Street Greenwood Vlg, CO 80112 US
- The Assistant Project Specialist facilitates engineering and construction projects by collaborating with the Project Manager and project team; in providing and presenting administrative project information. This position coordinates both externally and internally with clients and project management for providing solutions in the executions of project and program needs.
- Facilitates the dissemination of information to vendors, suppliers, clients and project teams as part of the overall communications and project management process.
- Resolves questions regarding the project; research and provide appropriate answers.
- Prepare and present meeting notes, presentations and tables utilizing Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other programs.
- Manage project set-up preparation and compile documentation updates.
- Monitor projects deadlines and benchmarks and support presentation of monthly progress reports covering action items and progress updates.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate on-site and off-site meetings for the project. This may include: project orientation and training, stakeholder meetings, team meetings, periodic reviews, etc.
- Prepare agendas and task logs for client meetings using word and excel
- Prepare Project Status Reports (PSR), payment applications and other excel tables for monthly inclusion with invoice to client
- Schedule meetings with internal staff and client staff
- Update project labor reports on a weekly basis
- Read and understand City ordinances and prepare required documents for City Council authorization of contracts and amendments
- Assist with preparing required documents for project advertisement (design and construction)
- Assist with preparing contract documents for execution (design and construction)
- Prepare memos and letters for client review
- Assist with preparation of subconsultant agreements and work orders
- Organize and update standard templates and track updates
- Review invoices submitted by DPs, create pay application, and submit workflow for further review
- Attend weekly client meetings as well as coordinate with client staff regularly
- Utilize city data management system (such as e-Builder, Aconex or other)
- Manage multiple ongoing tasks and deadlines
- Coordinate the required training programs and records for project personnel in conjunction with the corporate training department and project requirements to ensure compliance.
- Obtain physical sign off of project documents & maintain electronic and paper files.
- Verify accuracy and compliance with project requirements of bills/invoices, trip tickets and expense reports and process items in a timely manner.
- Manage IT resources for project offices and staff by coordinating with internal support departments.
- Provide follow up reports on ARs and unbilled issues as assigned.
- Administer project closeout activities.
- Compose project cost forecast updates.
- Run PPS reports.
- Establish priorities and deadlines on project deliverables.
- Investigate project expenses not billed to the client and report findings to the Project Manager.
- Assist Project Manager in preparation of client contracts and sub-contracts.
- Develop procedures pertaining to internal project requirements.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related degree required.
- Experience with one or more cost management systems preferred.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels within an organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint is required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.