Assistant Public Involvement Specialist
7-57 Wells Avenue, Suite 27 Newton Center, MA 02459 US
- The Assistant Public Involvement Specialist will support senior public involvement staff on a wide variety of communication and public outreach services for our clients.
- This includes developing, designing and publishing public engagement materials for digital, print, and online platforms along with programmatic and project communication strategies and developing communication and public outreach plans to make our clients successful.
- Assist with and develop content and materials that advance public involvement projects by translating technical content into precise, well-designed graphics that are on-brand, on-time and on-budget; including print collateral, digital deliverables, and brand identity pieces.
- Demonstrate tenets of social networking and experience with digital interfaces and web development languages.
- Effectively use concepts of Goals, Objectives, Strategies, and Tactics to develop graphic solutions that meet thoe concepts.
- Assist in coordination of communication and public involvement activities on major projects
- Assist with developing project communication strategies and developing communication and public outreach plans.
- Assist implementation of strategic outreach plans and processes. Elements of these plans could include social media, video production, newsletters and fact sheets, Website content, public meetings and open house materials.
- Assist with materials development, event logistics, attending and participating in public meetings, logging inquiries on public information hotlines, and data management.
- Participate in proposal development and project presentations
- Provide graphic support for promotional initiatives and award submittals.
- Assist in organizing and managing project information files and coordinating the interchange of project outreach information to project managers and clients.
- Ensure compliance with company and site safety policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, fine arts/design or visual communication, marketing or a related field from an accredited program required. Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred. Prefer 1-5 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of desktop publishing applications (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) and proven experience using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Completion of a master's degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Prior internship or related experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GIS).
- Utilize emerging technology with proficiency.
- Strong conceptualization skills for alternative printing, production and packaging techniques.
- Basic analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines on multiple projects.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.