Assistant ROW (Permit Coordinator)
1431 Opus Place Downers Grove, IL 60515 US
Permit Coordinator (Non-environmental, Electric Utility and Communication focused)
- Support the Chicago based non-environmental permitting (i.e. roadway occupancy, railroad occupancy) projects and programs with assigned tasks and could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Develop and maintain accurate and complete files for projects and programs; continues to monitor for integrity and completeness
- Communicate with permitting jurisdictions and internal/external team members to identify permitting requirements
- Track jurisdiction specific requirements and provide that information to the team
- Prepare and submit permit packages in accordance with jurisdictional requirements
- Track permit submittal, approval, and expiration dates
- Communicate permit conditions to the project team
- to ensure all aspects of a project are communicated with prospective permitting agencies
- Create and distributes correspondence relevant to the project to the team or program (internal and external)
- Track and manage multiple permits and projects concurrently.
- Candidate MUST be a US Citizen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Word, Excel, and Portable Document Format (PDF) skills
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn a variety of new tracking and software programs such as ArcGIS, Unifier, and Procor
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem-solving environment
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach
- Familiarity with electric utility and fiber communication terminology, non-environmental permitting process and procedures, and department of transportation permitting platforms such as EPS is a plus
- Experience in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania is a plus
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.