Associate Financial Analyst
5000 DOMINION BLVD Glen Allen, VA 23060 US
- Under limited supervision, the incumbent in this role performs the following processing functions as it relates to disbursement operations and policies:
- Utilizes automated accounting and billing systems to review, analyze and route/wire requests invoices for payment according to most favorable payment terms.
- Identify and electronically route invoices.
- Reject invoices when incorrectly billed and/or insufficient information is provided.
- Verifies and ensures invoices are accurately billed based on Purchase Order (PO) terms and conditions.
- Coordinates with external and internal department personnel to solve problems, implement solutions, or provide background and analysis for system and business process issues, especially as it pertains to labor and equipment charges in billing systems.
- Gain knowledge of the company, its business units, department, and policies to administer ongoing operations of various automated payment processes; reviews and resolves invoice and payment problems; researches and resolves vendor questions and issues.
- Partner with BU Operating Group Requisitioners, Supply Chain Buyers and Vendor contacts regarding PO issues. Provides guidance and assistance to employees with less experience.
- Train and communicate with and assist vendors and business unit partners with inquiries and reconciliation, especially as it pertains to labor and equipment charges in billing systems.
- Entering, updating, and verifying information in the Supplemental Charges System and other systems that interface with SAP for generating payments to vendors.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experiences (Minimum Requirements)
- The knowledge, skills, abilities and education required for entry into this job include the following:
- The knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences that are required for entry into this job include the following
- Full knowledge of and job specific application of automated accounting systems and policies and procedures
- Ability to learn about the company, its business units, departments, and pay processes
- Ability to coordinate, process, and control large volumes of work quickly and accurately
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- 5 or more years of related working experience, to include but not limited to; Advanced working knowledge of concepts and applications of accounting principles and business math
- Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Associate
- Required Degree (equivalency not accepted in lieu of required degree): GED or High School Graduate
- Disciplines Preferred: Accounting, Business, or Finance
- Experience with Utilities or Finance for large scale projects would be nice to see
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.