Associate Geologist - P2
Odenton, MD 21113 US
• The position duties and responsibilities are dynamic from day to day and will generally require 60% field work, 40% office work within the Mid-Atlantic Region.
• Performs low flow and disposable bailer groundwater sampling, gauging and product bailing, and surveying.
• Performs oversight of monitoring well installations and prepares boring logs and well construction diagrams.
• Compiles and completes field notes on each event/site.
• Records data, prepares reports, provides analysis and interpretations of findings based on scientific experimentation and existing knowledge.
• Researches information relating to identifying geological formations and soil delineation studies and prepares reports and geological maps based on the findings.
• Participates in the identification of viable remedial solutions consistent with all Federal, state, and local regulations.
• Ensures adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment
• Waste tracking and reporting.
• Development of waste related SOPs.
• Field Visits to track and monitor waste.
Skills and Requirements:
• A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or related discipline.
• 2-3+ years of related experience. Experience must include hands on field and office based in environmental consulting field.
• Must be resourceful with excellent communication and writing skills and possess a high degree of initiative and time management skills.
• Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare a complete report with a focus on QA/QC.
• Field work requires wearing personal protection equipment and working outdoors in all seasons.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe required.
• Proficiency with geologic logging/cross section programs a plus.
• Knowledge of and experience with environmental remediation systems a plus.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.