1 Becton Cir Eno Valley, NC 27712 US
- PeopleSoft Finance 9.2;
- MS Office, especially Excel (SUM, VLOOKUP, PIVOT) Advanced Excel Testing - testing results must accompany resume otherwise resume will be rejected.
- https://www.isograd-testingservices.com/EN/microsoft-excel-pre-employment-test? sbj_fam_id=1
- Selected candidates should be prepared for on-site interview and Excel testing.
- Responsible for assured supply of materials, equipment, and services, in addition to assessing cost reduction opportunities and executing Global Supply Management' s Strategic Sourcing strategies, policies, tactics and objectives for assigned responsibility areas that align and are linked with the assigned business.
- General application of procurement concepts, systems, and principles:
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
- Works under very general supervision.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
- Frequent internal company and external contacts.
- Enter ad hoc requisitions in PeopleSoft Finance 9.2 and via the eCatalogs with utilization of the appropriate rules and policies, such as correctly setting up PO in order to minimize invoice payment problems, checking the NDA and/or COI prior to requisition submission, reviewing quote for completeness, and administering the line description protocol; monitor approvals for rush orders to ensure timely dispatch; submit change order requests; manage PO via invoice payment including resolving invoice payment problems.
- Clear match exception invoices for payment: troubleshoot, identify root cause, implement corrective action(s).
- Complete policy waiver request forms; gather information, perform calculations, enter information into form; complete all required follow-up including purchase order change orders and/or voucher change requests.
- Submit new supplier and/or supplier change requests: gather information, communicate with supplier regarding requirements, tabulate potential spend.
- Obtain certificates of insurance (COI) at the appropriate monetary value based on the work to be performed.
- Initiate unilateral non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), as appropriate.
- Track shipments to and from contract manufacturers; compile data into central repository in Excel or other system; approve vouchers based on those shipments, as needed.
- Give guidance to credit card holders regarding appropriate buying tool.
- Identify and log cost reduction opportunities.
- Other: may be asked to support inventory management and/or to provide data analysis; advise requisitioners and others influencing purchasing decisions; pull queries from procurement system and interpret information; be first point of contact for general purchasing activities.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Buyer position including experience creating requisitions
Bachelor' s Degree required; business or supply chain management preferred, but open to others
- knowledge of procurement practices, processes, systems, and tools;
- ability to work independently;
- capable of executing multiple tasks;
- comfortable interacting with suppliers via email and phone;
- Aptitude for assessing and solving problems of varying complexity levels;
- understanding of Global Supply Management processes and supply chain;
- knowledge of ERP systems;
- plant experience
- takes initiative;
- acts with integrity;
- results oriented;
- team player;
- values diversity in people and ideas
SOFTWARE: PeopleSoft Finance 9.2; MS Office, especially Excel (SUM, VLOOKUP, PIVOT)
- Add city/state to top of resume.
- Position is located in Durham, NC. In-office presence required.
- Candidates selected for on-site interviews will be required to take an Excel test.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.