Buyer IV (Technical)
Pulteney St South Corning, NY 14830 US
- 100% Onsite
- Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience as a Plant or Corporate Buyer focusing on capital equipment - (RFQ's, contracts, payment terms, etc)
- Leads the development and execution of Global Supply Management (GSM) Strategic Sourcing strategies, policies, tactics and objectives for assigned complex global commodities that align and are linked with the business units, commercial, supply chain and manufacturing strategies.
- This position focuses primarily on facility procurement for either new building construction or expansions to existing buildings.
- Develops and/or assists with Strategic Sourcing plans and objectives (short & long term) based on forecasts of future demand and taking into account economic and currency trends and conditions that affect GSM, the business, and the global commodity sourced.
- Works with the Business, GSM, and Buyers on assigned global commodities to prepare and solicit competitive bids, quotations, and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions.
- Develops and reviews specifications, statements of work, performance terms and accept/reject criteria.
- Conducts negotiations with potential and/or current major suppliers to obtain maximum value.
- Leads the development and communication of global supply intelligence for assigned commodities.
- Owns the Supplier Relationship Management process for the assigned commodities.
- Develops and cultivates effective relationships with suppliers.
- Develop, maintain and execute Shared Objectives and Service Level Agreements.
- Champions and advocates for the Global Buying Policy.
- Ensures compliance.
- Contribution Metrics
- Critical supplier quality & performance metrics
- Shared Objectives Score
- Global Objectives Performance
- Strategic/Critical Suppliers and/or spend Under Contract/Management Competencies (knowledge, skills and behaviors):
- Conflict Management
- Business Acumen
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Strategic Agility
- Contract Writing/Management
- GSM Strategies and Plans
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Total Cost of Ownership
Global Leadership (competencies most pertinent to this role are):
- Act with Integrity and Authenticity
- Communicate and Engage
- Demonstrate Drive and Commitment
- Focus on Customers
- Value Differences in People and Ideas
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience as a Plant or Corporate Buyer focusing on facility construction - either expansions or new builds (RFQ's, contracts, payment terms, etc)
- Experience across multiple businesses, divisions and/or technologies.
- Experience with global manufacturing and business through work or project experience.
- Experience working in a matrix environment or on a cross functional team.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.