CAD Operator II
3300 Exchange Place Lake Mary, FL 32746 US
The CAD Operator position will be a cross discipline support role within Transmission Engineering Production Standards serving the Substation Engineering, Transmission Line and Protection and Control disciplines. This position will fulfill AutoCAD/Inventor requests from Engineers and Engineering Technologists. The requests will consist of standard drawing updates or creation of new standard drawings in 2D and 3D.
Responsibilities and duties to include, but not limited to:
- Revising AutoCAD/Inventor standard drawings based on redlines provided by engineers/engineering technologists
- Creating new AutoCAD/Inventor standard drawings based on redlines provided by engineers/engineering technologists
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities
- Maintains accurate records and files
- Independently prepares thorough and accurate documentation and/or drawings
- Ensures accomplishment of business unit goals and tasks through effective planning, organizing, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Expert in Autodesk products including AutoCAD and Inventor
- 10 years experience or less as CAD Operator or similar function
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the utility industry
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.