Category Strategy Manager: Electrical
1917 Four Wheel Drive S Connellsvl, PA 15425 US
Salary: $102k-139k depending on experience plus 10% MIP Bonus at end of year
- Strategic Sourcing experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Have the ability to lead and and influence indirect reports
- Must have strong communication and collaboration skills
The Category Strategy Manager - Electrical will have a deep understanding of multiple level categories of spend or program/product development and is considered the subject matter expert for a category or group of categories of spend. This role has substantial understanding of influencing market drivers and external forces affecting categories and possible multiple categories of spend for decision making. The Category Strategy Manager builds meaningful relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure value optimization and engagement. This role engages regularly in strategic sourcing and has the ability to formulate, present and gain consensus on category strategies.
- Mentor and coach multiple category managers across the segment.
- Data analytics and critical thinking skill sin multiple categories of spend; ability to connect supply chain impact to the business, drive peak performance of spend categories.
- Subject matter expert on spends category/commodity, market trends and predicting further trends and impacts.
- Frequent use of data analytics tools to conduct spend and category data analytics; responsible for category spend and performance dashboards and spend synergy visibility.
- Advanced and independent and critical thinking skills to formulate business cost/value opportunities.
- Build meaningful relationships with the supply base in order to regularly impact the value proposition.
- Proficient with engineering/technical drawings and understand technical grammar and language of the business and category.
- Oversight for the effective use of supplier preferencing strategy, supplier engagement model and part taxonomy.
- Lead and support supplier contract negotiations and has skills and ability to mentor/coach.
- Leads internal communication for category and connection to the global marketplace.
- Make deep connections between category management, business goals and value proposition.
- Identify, communicate, and manage supply chain risk and business continuity plans.
- Lead the validation and governance of category/commodity prices including total cost of ownership models.
- Lead strategic sourcing initiatives that capture value for the business, may lead or support a council.
- Build open and trusting relationships with team members through Frequent Meaningful Conversations, ensuring individual development plans are in place.
- Develop meaningful relationships with team members and senior leaders across multiple functional areas, lead through influence.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
- Bachelors degree with seven (7) or more years of experience within in Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, or a related field.
- Relevant industry related certifications.
- Category Strategy experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Experience mentoring and leading team members through direct reporting relationships or project work.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.