Certified Industrial Hygienist
1515 Arboretum Drive S.E. Grand Rapids, MI 49546 US
Grand Rapids, MI
Our client is seeking a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) to support our growing occupational health and safety services in West Michigan. This individual will perform technical industrial hygiene activities, including monitoring, investigating, training, and reporting worker safety concerns and abatement techniques for residential, industrial, and commercial clients. Join a team dedicated to client safety and satisfaction, while embarking on a fulfilling career with a growing, employee-owned company.
• Conduct site investigations and exposure assessments to identify potential chemical and biological hazards to worker and workplace safety, including sampling for various volatile organic compounds, silica, noise, and more.
• Lead occupational health and safety audits to identify current or future risks to worker safety.
• Prepare reports and other client deliverables while managing priorities and multiple deadlines.
• Respond to client emergency requests to mitigate safety concerns, sometimes outside of regular
• Inspect, analyze, and provide ongoing monitoring of health and safety concerns at client sites.
• Organize and conduct trainings of Health and Safety Plans (HASP).
• Manage projects to ensure budgets and deadlines are followed.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Will have normal office working conditions and be required to use a computer. Project locations could include heightened noise level, air quality issues, working near moving parts, and occasional exposure to outside weather conditions. While performing duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, reach, crouch, walk, climb, lift over 40 pounds, and use conventional sampling tools and equipment, while providing health and safety consulting services to a wide variety of clients. Job activities will require the use of respiratory and other personal protective equipment.
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, Environmental Science, or other similarly related program. Possess or ability to obtain Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification in a reasonable amount of time.
• 5+ years of experience in industrial hygiene or occupational health and safety, including personal air monitoring per developed standards (NIOSH & OSHA), job safety analysis regarding worker exposures, and providing remediation recommendations when necessary.
• Experience in mold assessments including bioaerosol sampling and remediation recommendations/protocols.
• Experience in developing, reviewing, and writing health and safety plans.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, specifically relaying technical information.
• Organized with strong attention to detail.
• OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certified.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Must be able to work within a flexible schedule to meet client needs, which may include early morning, evening, and weekend, or out of town projects.
What we offer:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
• Wellness reimbursement and activities.
• Reimbursement and support for tuition, continuing education, and professional/personal development.
• Vacation, sick, and volunteer time, PTO, parental leave, and paid holidays.
• Opportunities for hybrid and flexible schedules.
• 401(k), profit-sharing, and stock options (we are 100% employee-owned!).
• And more!
We are one of the premier professional consulting firms in the nation, with 15 regional offices and more than 570 employees. Engineering, environmental sciences, architecture, and construction management are the cornerstones of our services and integrated project approach. We are a hands-on and design-orientated practice with the technical capabilities and understanding to take the largest projects from internal concept to completion. Our team of experts takes pride in our commitment to reliability in design, connection to our clients, and creativity at our core.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.