Civil CAD Technician
2111 Woodward Avenue, Suite 202 Detroit, MI 48201 US
- The Civil CAD Technician will assist technical teams of detailers, designers and engineers to create world-class detail on a variety of projects. This position will assist in developing computer-aided drafting design solutions.
- Prepare new drawings and revise existing engineering drawings of basic components from specific sketches or layouts.
- Responsible for adhering to company and client drafting standards and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to the drafting practices of selected discipline.
- Assist in drafting design and documentation for various projects.
- Assist with tasks utilizing standard drafting detail programs.
- Assist in continuous drafting detail improvement efforts.
- Utilize existing aerial photography
- Incorporation of existing survey locations and boundaries into new and existing CAD drawings
- Create detailed and accurate sitemaps with utilities for use in design plans
- Research solutions to project concerns and present solutions to design problems.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and course work in drafting technology or specialized CAD certification or 1-year relevant drafting experience.
- Associate's degree or bachelor's degree in computer-aided drafting/design preferred. A Bachelor's degree in ANY Engineering field is NOT allowed for this position, except for Engineering Technology.
- Basic knowledge of commands in at least one CAD program ability to occasionally use higher-level commands, time-saving programs and routines.
- Basic knowledge and experience in multiple CAD systems preferred (including 3D).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in collaborative team environment.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Ability to meet deadlines and budget.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.