Civil Project Manager (Roadway)
Johnston, IA 50131 US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generally acts as Client Service Manager for one or more strategically important clients.
- Interacts with senior-level client stakeholders including local, state and national political decision makers. The Senior PM consistently demonstrates the attributes of a Trusted Advisor by providing expertise and value to clients beyond the technical execution of project deliverables.
- Anticipates client needs and meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Recommends additional business solutions to meet a client’s current and/or future needs.
- Develops market assessments and supports the Practice Leader or Regional Director in the development and execution of national or regional market strategy.
- Leads the project pursuit process, and acts as the Pursuit Lead for significant revenue project revenue streams.
- Leads the proposal development and interview preparation phases to ensure the company is well-positioned to win key projects. Coordinates the creation of proposal/pursuit information with business line and marketing staff.
- Meets or exceeds region specific sales targets by leveraging existing client relationships. Utilizes targeted marketing efforts to identify, position and acquire new clients on behalf of the company.
- Generally responsible for creating meaningful revenue streams (in excess of $500,000 annually) for the organization.
- Manages or serves in an advisor role on highly specialized, complex, and/or strategic projects. Projects managed are of sufficient complexity and scope that the Senior PM will likely work with task leaders to ensure projects are coordinated and effectively executed.
- Proactively anticipates project issues and shows the ability to navigate complex client, political or technical issues to mitigate the impact on project delivery staff.
- Leads the development of scope, fee and contract to ensure understanding of project deliverables with client staff.
- Builds and manages the Project Plan that includes phases, tasks, timelines, contingencies and description of critical paths. Ensures plan is updates to facilitate companywide workload planning processes.
- Oversees the technical direction and manages resources to meet or exceed the budget and schedule. 6. Conducts kickoff and regular project meetings where the schedule, project plan, and client expectations are regularly discussed to ensure delivery stays on track to meet client expectations.
- Initiates changes in scope, addendums and change orders necessary to ensure financial performance of projects under management.
- Directs and reviews the work of junior staff, and ensures that the firm’s quality control and quality assurance processes are followed.
- May provide individual technical contribution to the project under management.
- Generally manages annual revenue in excess of $500,000.
- Identifies the time and resources needed to deliver the project and builds an effective team.
- Manages projects by assigning tasks and closely monitoring progress against task budget and dates. Holds team members accountable for achieving the desired result on a project.
- Leads Project Team Meetings and distributes meeting minutes to team members and the client as appropriate.
- Resolves conflicts by ensuring they are addressed immediately and in the appropriate manner. Uses interpersonal skills to diffuse issues between team members.
- Provides budgetary guidance/oversight to PMs.
- Develops and analyzes financial reports.
- Monitors and resolves such issues as scope creep, cost overruns, change orders, and delays.
- Ensures the client is billed according to the contract schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related engineering discipline.
- Professionally registered (P.E.) in the state in which our Client conducts business.
- Has worked for 5-7 years as a Project Manager
- Five years as a Project Manager on projects each worth at least $100,000 in design fees and collectively resulting in revenue managed of at least $500,000 per year.
- Ability to sell work to existing clients with demonstrated experience pursuing and winning work in excess of $500,000 annually.
- Demonstrated strong business development competency by obtaining significant new business and/or cross selling additional consulting services.
- Has a history of successfully completing complex projects for small and/or large client bases.
- Has been actively involved in one or more industry groups.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related engineering or related science discipline.
- Professionally registered (P.E.) in the state in which our Client. conducts business.
- PMI Certification in Project Management.
- Has had 10 years or more in a Multi-disciplined Project Manager role at professional services firm or private sector engineering firm.
- Has 5-10 years design and construction experience.
- Five years as a Project Manager on projects which individually are worth at least $250,000 in design value and collectively result in revenue managed of at least $750,000 per year.
- Ability to sell work to existing clients with demonstrated experience pursuing and winning work in excess of $750,000 annually.
- Has completed projects across multiple disciplines (electrical, environmental, landscape architecture, etc.).
- Has an industry reputation such that s/he is well known in the consulting community for strong project management skills. Sits on one or more industry committees.
- Have excellent communication skills, previous supervisory /management experience and outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Has an excellent network of teaming partners.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
- Must possess a current, valid Professional Engineer license.
- The employee must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.