Civil Project Manager
Chicago, IL 60654 US
Our client is looking for for a Civil Project Manager who will Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated projects to ensure that the goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters for the entire life cycle of the project, by performing the duties listed below. Typical advancement is based on the quality performance of essential duties and responsibilities. Discretionary advancement is based on the employee’s actions and accomplishments. This role indirectly supervises employees as it relates to the applicable and specific project tasks.
- Review client requested proposals or plans to determine procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources for all phases of each project
- Establish, delegate, and perform the outlined work plan, assignments and staffing for each phase of assigned project(s), including, but not limited to durations, hourly rates, budget, and schedule.
- Serve as primary contact for exchange of project information and communication between the firm and the client, with the support of senior staff
- Review status reports and monitor intermediate and internal design reviews, such that documents adhere to the firm’s standards for completeness, quality, and accuracy
- Ensure compliance with the client’s standards
- Prepare project reports and schedules for management and client requests
- Ensure that all forms and scoping documents are complete and available for project team consumption
- Direct and review approach used by project staff in completing assignments
- Confer with other project managers and senior project staff to ascertain coordination, completeness, and accuracy of critical technical and non-technical requirements
- Provides technical support or clarification on questions from the client, or members of the project team
- Write technical reports, memos, or other correspondence that conform to the prescribed style and format of the client and the firm
- May sign/seal drawings or other required documentation based on division and firm policies
- Support marketing efforts through technical writing in response to RFQs and RFPs
- Follow and abide by the employee and safety manuals
- Other duties as assigned
- Be detail oriented, versatile, and enthusiastic
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client and company expectations
- Ability to take direction and function independently with limited supervision
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Capable of multi-tasking on a wide range of projects of varying size and complexity
- Participate and become an active part of the project and division team through active listening & open communication
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex technical issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software
- Track and document individual labor costs and monitor budgetary costs associated with project
- Thorough understanding of discipline principles, practices, and tools
- Proficient in AutoCAD/Revit and other design, data recording, and analyzation software
- Thorough understanding of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations related to assigned projects
- Experience working on various project types and scales
- Ability to perform basic design calculations, figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be willing to learn and use various fully integrated and transparent cloud-based products
- Ability to effectively present information to the team, clients, potential clients, and multi-disciplined design teams through verbal communication, technical reports, memos, or other project correspondence
- An Industry relevant Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent education from a four-year college or university is preferred
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in development, management, or construction of discipline-specific projects
- Registered as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or holds Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) license required for all engineering-based roles
- Professional Engineer (PE) License preferred for all engineering based roles
- Able to be licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the primary jurisdiction of the office within 6-months required for all engineering based roles
- OHSA 10 Certification may be required for MAPS, Field Services and Survey Divisions
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.