Civil Project Manager
Nashville, TN 37204 US
Nashville TN USA
Direct Hire | Full Time
Project Manager/Civil Engineer to ensure the completion of design efforts with minimal direction and is responsible for the preparation and completion of disciplined engineering designs that are responsive to project needs.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the work of drafting personnel, technicians or other engineers and mentoring junior staff members.
- Work toward keeping current tasks within schedule and budget to fit the needs of the project.
- Provide input and coordination with other Departments.
- Provide data, as required, for cost estimating and secure preliminary equipment costs for review.
- Investigate new methods and implement new ideas and/or procedures.
- Identify and obtain repeat work for clients while beginning to evolve business development skills
- Prepare complex reports and conclusions in a clear, concise manner.
- Maintain and utilize working knowledge of accepted engineering design standards and practices in the execution of design work that will meet the clients' needs and conform to Company standards.
- Prepare design calculations, design drawings and specifications; or prepare feasibility studies.
- Maintain complete project records and documentation according to company standards.
A BS in Civil Engineering is required
10 years of civil engineering experience
PE License required
Proficiency with computer-based design tools (AutoCAD, GIS, REVIT)
Familiarity with industry standards of design
Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Excellent problem solving ability
Sound time management skills
Self-motivated with strong desire to advance
Must have a valid driver's license and registered insured vehicle
Competitive base compensation
Short and long-term disability insurance
Company-paid time to perform community services
Company-paid membership to professional organizations
Professional and personal development opportunities
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.