First St SE Washington, DC 20004 US
The Commissioning Specialist will support internal and external stakeholders by coordinating, and delivering commissioning services throughout the facility planning, design, construction, warranty, and performance phases of the project. The Commissioning Specialist will apply technical expertise to deliver technical solutions to complex problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of commissioning process with sales, engineering, and construction teams.
- Coordinates and directs the commissioning activities using consistent protocols and forms, centralized documentation, clear and regular communications and consultations with all necessary parties, frequently updated timelines and schedules and technical expertise.
- Review and comment on subcontractor submittals applicable to systems being commissioned for compliance with commissioning needs, concurrent with the engineering reviews.
- With necessary assistance and review from construction team and subcontractors, write the functional performance test procedures for equipment and systems. This may include energy management control system trending, stand-alone data logger monitoring or manual functional testing.
- Analyze any functional performance trend logs and monitoring data to verify performance.
- Responsible for preparation of progress reports, equipment checklist, commissioning logs, and final commissioning reports.
- Ensure that the commissioning process meets project long-term energy performance guarantees.
- Maintain accountability for project schedule and cost requirements.
- Develop constructive and long-lasting relationships with subcontractors and customers.
- Progressive experience in electrical, mechanical and energy services contracting
- Strong technical background with building automation and control systems. Able to review sequence of operations for electrical and mechanical systems and to perform point-to-point commissioning
- Ability to do project scheduling, building commissioning, retro, and re-commissioning of existing buildings, system by system commissioning requirements, Testing, Adjustment and Balancing (TAB) and verification procedures, building code issues is required.
- Must be proficient in computer and software such as MS Project, MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Building Automation System and commissioning program.
- Must be able to work with commissioning tools and technologies. .
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel and work off-hours as required by the project.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.