Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54911 US
The Construction Coordinator will assist with the administration of project safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, subcontractors, suppliers, procurement, proposals, estimates, documentation, turnover, client interface, and field-based activities to execute Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) projects, construction management, and program management ventures. This position will work on a diverse array of projects across multiple industries including aviation, commercial building, electrical transmission & distribution, facility, manufacturing, oil & gas, power generation, process, and water.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Adhere to the company's safety programs and policies and assist others with compliance.
- Assist the Project team in building client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items.
- Assist the Project Management team execute prime contracts, downstream contracts, and change orders
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Safety & Health plan, Subcontracting Plan, Project Staffing Plan, Organization Chart, and Procurement Plan.
- Assist with jobsite set-up activities, including mobilization and demobilization.
- Assist with securing applicable project permits
- Coordinate potential bidders' supplier/subcontractor registration and pre-qualification efforts on behalf of the Project Management team.
- Assist the Project Management team to administer request for proposal (RFP) package development, bid and selection process, and develop detailed scope of work documents for downstream contracts.
- Assist with contract administration including request for information (RFI's), submittals, change management, and claims mitigation for subcontractors and/or client contractors
- Support and assist with project controls efforts, including project cost reporting, scheduling, project work breakdown structure establishment, project set-up and closeout within the accounting system, and field progress tracking.
- Assist with the development of internal and external reports including, project budgeting, cost reports, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports to all stakeholders.
- Participate in project, corporate, and risk review meetings as needed, present as needed, and record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Conduct project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required.
- Assist with the Prime Contract, subcontractor, and supplier invoicing process.
- Establish and administer project documentation and filing systems.
- Assist with the project turnover documentation, recordkeeping/retention, warranty administration and project closeout.
- Assist with applicable onboarding of craft/field supervision.
- Analyze and report composite crew rates to determine labor and equipment costs.
- Assist with staffing on projects.
- Analyze and monitor labor burdens including craft classifications, benefits and labor laws.
- Maintain accurate craft classifications and craft progression records.
- Uphold craft competency and training standards.
- Assist with estimating, forecasting, and managing craft install unit rates.
- Assist with managing earned value, schedule, change management and cost metrics.
- Coordinate construction equipment to ensure adequate inventory to complete projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Comprehension - ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Organization - ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Reasoning and Decision Making - ability to apply common sense in performing job.
- Communication - ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with clients, superiors, subordinates, coworkers, general public, contractors, suppliers, and any other individuals necessary to conduct business. Ability to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Mathematics - perform basic arithmetic and accounting functions.
- Leadership - must be able to take ownership and accountability for tasks and actions assigned, as well as maintain creativity where applicable in identifying solutions.
- Other - ability to adapt, analyze, assess, calculate, make decisions, dependable, exercise good judgment, organize, prioritize, read, memorize, social skills, stress control and solve problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Knowledge of document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
- Up to 100% travel is required as necessary to support the execution of projects, training and other corporate requirements. Travel may extend over weekends and holidays. High probability of extended periods of travel may be required to support project execution for duration of project/program in the form of field assignments or relocation. Frequency of travel will vary based on the different project needs. Travel on short notice may be required.
- The base work schedule will be a five (5) day work week (Monday through Friday) with some exceptions based on the office or project location. Periodic weekend work and extended work days may be required. Business travel after regular work hours will be required. Night shift work may be required to support project execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to meet company's driving requirements.
- Work locations could include office-based or construction jobsites ranging from commercial to heavy industrial environments that include working in adverse climates, and extensive walking, requiring stairs, passenger use of personal hoists, negotiating work areas under construction, climbing permanent and temporary ladders, occasional lifting or moving objects up to 50 pounds. Must be able to sit, talk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and bend. Specific vision abilities required for this job includes: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear and perceive the nature of sounds by ear. Must be able to safely operate motor vehicles. May at times need to access confined spaces or work locations at elevation requiring utilization of respirators, self-contained breathing apparatus, and/or fall protection.
- Projects require occasional long hours and infrequent days off, occasional night shifts or moderate to long periods of working consecutive nights.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.