Birmingham, MI 48226 US
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Construction Inspector to join their Birmingham team. The position will service their municipal clients in a variety of project needs in and around Metro Detroit. The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience with MDOT inspection experience being preferred (directly or local agency projects).
The successful candidate will assist our municipal clients by providing technical knowledge, management and administrative skills in the field and have a thorough understanding of the construction process. You will work with coworkers, clients, contractors and other consultants to monitor construction quality by ensuring projects are in accordance with schedules, budgets, construction plans, engineering specifications and standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordination with office staff, shareholders, contractors, and material testing firms
- Prepare inspector daily reports (IDR’ s) including work items and quantities per MDOT requirements
- Interpret construction plans, details, specifications, and special provisions
- Be the on-site representative for the firm
- Communicate with the project team on a daily basis
- Assist with utility conflict resolution
Minimum position requirements include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent. An associate or technical degree in a related field is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with MDOT experience preferred
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and contract specifications
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a valid driver’ s license and reliable, insured personal vehicle
- Applicants must pass a pre-employment physical and substance testing
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.