Construction Manager II: Transmission & Substation
Baltimore, MD 21201 US
Individual shall have demonstrated skill in construction project management with experience in managing a transmission and/or substation construction site and have knowledge about transmission rebuild and substation installation projects.
Some duties include:
- Provide constructability feedback during design and walk downs
- Review Bill of Materials and assist with managing material availability
- Develop work scope for construction bid documents and assist Project Manager in bid evaluations
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of all construction activities involved in a project
- Coordinate contracted work activities for centrally managed projects during installation, monitor contractor(s) on safety, cost, quality and schedule performance
- Run safety briefings on construction sites that have more than one contractor
- Initiate Scope Change requests
- Elevate document deficiencies and Provide Planning support to the project team as required
- Requirements: Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 15 years of transmission and/or substation construction experience in the electric power industry.
- Supplier will provide cellular phone, air card (Internet), Base PPE (Class E Hardhat, Safety Glasses, FR Clothing, FR Safety Vest, Steel Toe Work Boots).
- Candidates must have a background in either substation or Transmission work
- Candidate must have basic computer knowledge such a s responding to e mails, word doc, excel spread sheets and joining in on Group Teams meetings
- Candidate must have good verbal and written communications
- Preferred candidate that is familiar with LOTO ( Lock out tag out) system and holding work permits
- Candidate must supply their own phone and computer with air card
- Candidate must have the ability to job site report dailyFex
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.