108 Leigus Rd Wallingford, CT 06492 US
The Construction Manager will provide overall day to day on-site administrative and technical management of all field related personnel, subcontractors and work activities on a construction project site. These projects will be located in various locations and vary in scope and size.
Other duties as assigned.?
- Responsible and accountable for all construction activity that occurs on the assigned project site, including but not limited to: safety, quality, project controls, materials, subcontractors, contract execution, client interfaces, client relations, engineering interfaces and start-up/commissioning interfaces.
- Direct, coordinate and supervise on-site discipline superintendents, scheduling, engineering, cost control, material control, commercial management, and administrative staff.
- Responsible for the overall project safety and compliance with the applicable Safety and Health Plans. This includes, reviewing and auditing site specific safety documentation for Pre-Task Analysis (PTAs) and Task Safety Observations (TSOs) on a regular basis.
- Supervise and direct overall construction effort to verify project is sequenced and constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule requirements.
- Responsible for efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of Subcontractors and Burns & McDonnell personnel.
- Enforce compliance with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules and client requirements. Document all violations, notify project management, and recommend/implement corrective actions as required. Provide accurate performance feedback for all project team members.
- Develop and foster effective client and subcontractor relationships.
- Interface with client representatives, municipal authorities and other contractors as necessary to execute projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Engineering Manager and Discipline Engineers to plan and sequence engineering deliverables and resolve field engineering items.
- Collaborate with the project management team to develop and implement Project Execution Plans, project procedures, working documents, site procedures and project standards.
- Authorize purchase requisitions for field procurements under supervision of Project Manager.
- Review and approve subcontractor progress payments and Supplier invoices under supervision from Project Manager.
- Provide technical assistance, interpretation of drawings, and recommendation of construction methods and equipment installation.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly progress reports in addition to other reports as necessary to document construction progress. Review all subordinate and subcontractor field reports.
- Assess future work activities and identify any concerns with work plans by utilizing 3-week look-ahead reports and the overall project schedule.
- Oversee and direct construction progress tracking and forecasting including Field Progress Measurement Systems, Critical Path Scheduling and commodity tracking systems.
- Oversee and direct the final construction documentation turnover process to clients. This includes construction turnover to clients or internal startup and commissioning teams.
- Provide site oversight and coordination of startup and commissioning teams.
- Supervise and enforce compliance with project Quality Management System.
- Read, interpret, and understand civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, controls and instrumentation drawings, specification and commercial documents.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 11 years construction management experience or craft supervision experience on a similar project.
- Strong understanding of all construction disciplines.
- Position requires excellent communications skills and supervisory skills of field construction personnel.
- Must be able to meet company's driving requirements.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.