Construction Safety Representative
201 W Gude Dr Rockville, MD 20850 US
Observe Safety Field Services provides supervision, direction and coaching to team members as required. This position is reports directly to the Senior Safety Specialist. Frequent interface with internal and external key stakeholders including senior management, governmental and regulatory officials. Heavy emphasis on the interaction with contractor workforce.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead, coach, mentor and manage performance of Contractors. Ensure that Safety Professionals are supporting their clients, resolving safety issues, conducting field observations, responding to safety emergencies, etc. Perform field and driving observations on Safety Professionals. (35%)
- Ensure compliance of safety regulations (ie: OSHA, DOT, State, utility commission, etc). This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring for regulatory changes, providing subject matter expertise, and performing required reporting. (55%)
- Ensure timely and accurate information for OSHA reporting, dashboards, etc. Coordinate with Safety Professionals, determination of OSHA recordability. (15%)
- Electrical Utility Construction experience
- Demonstrated writtena nd verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated abiltiy to build consensus, establish trust
- OSHA 30 or 510 CUSP, CHST, ASC
- 5+ years of Operational /Safety experience in electrical construction
- 5+ years in utility or industrial construction
- Technical: Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in Electrical Consturction safety
- Hish School Diploma
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability to implement and manage change initiatives and organizational strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret information and formulate recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- Demonstrated PC application skills and related systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of the fundamental principles of leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate conflict to better the business.
- Demonstrated ability to implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance.
- Demonstrated business acumen, employee awareness and ability to create value.
- Valid driver's license and access to insure vehicle
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.