15 KANSAS St Natick, MA 01760 US
Project superintendent with a minimum of  years’ experience in lighting, mechanical and electrical construction with at least  of those years as a superintendent on projects similar in size and complexity. The individual must be fully familiar with the requirements of EM 385-1-1 and have experience in the areas of hazard identification and safety compliance.
Accountable for the site supervision of all assigned project construction activities taking place at assigned Company project buildings. Ensure that the worksite is safe and supervised in an effective and efficient manner. Maintains daily communications with and directs the activities of subcontractors and sub-trades. Serves as a key person to the success of the project.
The individual must be capable of interpreting a critical path schedule and construction drawings. The qualification requirements for the alternate superintendent are the same as for the project superintendent. The Contracting Officer may request proof of the superintendent's qualifications at any point in the project if the performance of the superintendent is in question.
The project superintendent is primarily responsible for managing subcontractors and coordinating day-to-day production and schedule adherence on the project. The superintendent is required to attend meetings, partnering meetings, and quality control meetings. The superintendent or qualified alternative must be on-site at all times during the performance of this contract until the work is completed and accepted.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates field activities including pre-construction verifications and measurements.
- Oversees and reviews subcontractors as to performance and quality of construction and takes necessary steps to maintain both quality and adherence to schedule.
- Performs Quality Control tasks to assure that the work is being installed per specs, to include the daily inspection of completed work.
- Interprets plans and specifications for proper field installation by construction trades.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager, jobsite subcontractors, client personnel, and building materials delivery.
- Completes daily and weekly status reports for the Project Manager, and daily log reports.
- Visits multiple job sites as directed by job activity, if needed.
- Prepares building schedules for leadership’s review.
- Arranges to have construction material and equipment unloaded and protected.
- Coordinates with the State/County/City Building Inspector for permits, inspections, and follow-up of inspection reports for complying with building codes.
- Secures and locks up job sites or finished structures for protection.
- Responsible for Commissioning procedures being implemented and logged appropriately.
- Works with Training Group to help coordinate onsite Maintenance and Resident Training.
- Builds and maintains warranty notebooks on all installed materials for customer warranty.
- Assists with audits, walkthroughs, training, and testing when needed.
- Corresponds well, both verbally and in writing, with clients. Spelling and grammar skills are essential, as is a professional demeanor. Must work closely with Project Manager to maintain communication lines with all project participants.
- Strong construction background mandatory.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
- Occupational health, safety and environmental regulations, legislation, codes and standards
- Building general construction practices
- Building mechanical and electrical systems
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong MS Office skills to include, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Good physical condition is a must in that the job requires the Supervisor to walk extensively on the jobsite throughout the workday, to climb ladders as may be needed in examining site conditions, to walk up and down stairs, and to receive the delivery of materials including occasional lifting of packages in excess of 40 pounds.
- High school education
- Independent worker
- Customer focus
- Integrity and trust
- Well organized
- Ability to solve difficult problems
- Results oriented.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Handle multiple priorities
- Priority setting
- *Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- *Must have a general familiarity of energy efficient electrical upgrades and other building system upgrades
- *Must possess (at minimum) a current OHSA 30 Hr. 30-hour general industry safety class or the 30-hour construction industry safety class certificate.
- Must possess (at minimum) a current EM385-1 certification.
- Must have 5 years of continuous safety experience in supervising safety programs, hazard analyses and developing controls.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.