225 Enterprise Drive , Suite 224 Brekenridge, MI 48615 US
- Supervises employees responsible for day-to-day planning and execution of construction projects performed by Company and contractor personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring projects are planned and built in accordance with Company standards, specifications, schedules and requirements, and yield maximum Return on Investment (ROI).
- Oversees construction permitting activities. Interfaces with Company and contractor staff to ensure the optimal allocation of support resources.
- Works with construction planning personnel to ensure that projects are prioritized and planned in accordance with mutually agreed upon construction schedules.
- Leads continuous improvement (CI) commitment and systematic CI efforts for a given group(s).
- Ensures that contractors build facilities in accordance with Company standards and procedures, and maintain appropriate crew operator qualification standards.
- Oversees construction schedules and coordinates construction activities with other appropriate areas. Ensures that construction action plans are kept up-to-date and communicated to the organization for prioritization of workload.
- Resolves escalated construction project concerns and works with appropriate parties (contractors, customers, agencies, etc.) to determine project and scheduling solutions.
- Responsible for review of as built drawings before payment to contractor is approved. Works with the construction planning group on technical designs and cost effective installations.
- Applies and works with new construction materials, practices and technologies (as deemed ap-propriate for the given project(s). Identifies and implements process and procedure changes related to customer- and Company-generated processes that result in increased efficiencies.
- Monitors workload of staff to ensure that activities are being planned in accordance with their priority. Monitors staff productivity; implements workload adjustments if standards are not being met.
- Ensures that resources and workloads are balanced, ensuring that projects are appropriately planned, prioritized and executed. Acts as a liaison between union and management and ensures consistent application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Guides the continuous improvement commitment & efforts for a given group(s): designing processes; establishing quality/quantity standards & metrics; collecting, refining, adapting & communicating best practices; sharing knowledge and developing staff in a systematic fashion.
- Uses process design outcomes to solve problems
- May assume responsibility as key tag protection leader and/or job leader per applicable Corporate policy.
- Performs or ensures the accomplishment of the following core supervisory/management functions for a given group(s): planning, organizing, directing the performance of ongoing activities, special and/or ad hoc assignments, staffing (employee selection, training/coaching & performance management), time entry, coordinating, reporting & budgeting.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
High school graduation or GED, & the knowledge / capabilities typically acquired through 6+ years of job relevant experience as a Building Trades Journeyman.
Other Qualifications Preferred:
- Associate's degree or certificate in engineering, construction management, or other job-relevant discipline Bachelor's degree in construction management Prefer Journeyman Certification
- The Renewables Platform has requested 2 Construction Supervisor resources for this project to oversee the construction of 3 new Solar Farm in mid-Michigan.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.