5570 Hog Island Road Surry, VA 23883 US
- Standard Design Quals (REQUIRED)
- We need folks with utility side design quals, from utilities that have INPO accredited Training and Qualification programs.
- IF they dont have nuclear utility design quals we can transfer, we just cannot use them. Under our procedures, we MUST have (paper) qualified engineers to perform reviews of design packages.
- Need strategic thinkers and spec writers; cant do that without experience
- Spec writing, technical writing, engineering writing
- Experience with design change process; standard qualifications for design changes
- Emerson Ovation - tons of people outside of nuclear have this experience and we are willing to entertain those people
- Can be difficult to attract people to nuclear because of the documentation so we may have to dip outside of the nuclear well to find people - chemical or mechanical backgrounds
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Industrial Control Systems such as Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and/or Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems and associated control system devices, computers, communications, and networks;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with power generation Industrial Control Systems and skills in the use of advanced control techniques;
- In-depth knowledge of industry advances in control system monitoring, testing and analysis of control equipment; and controls theory;
- Knowledge and experience of power plant controls, steam turbine control systems, combustion turbine control systems, balance of plant control systems;
- Knowledge and experience of electrical and electronics theory;
- Strong technical leadership skills and strong verbal/written communication skills;
- Computer packaged software skills
- What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Accountability for schedule and technical quality of engineering tasks with client expectations, scope, budget, and schedule.
- Provide on-site assistance during design, planning, and construction of digital control system upgrades
- Provide decision making support for all aspects of the process control, instrumentation, and automation upgrade projects
- Control panel design, including power and environmental considerations
- Knowledge of instrumentation including temperature, pressure, flow, and analytical instrumentation. Understand the principles of operations, terminology, safety considerations, and applications for common analytical instruments
- Knowledge of control valves including valve sizing, positioner selection, and integration into DCS
- Experience with HART devices
- Experience with virtualized server architectures
- Familiarity with NEI 08-09 Cyber Security controls and software tools to implement them
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- 6+ years of directly related Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) experience working on power plants or related heavy industrial applications.
- An Engineering Degree from and ABET Accredited Institution
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Are there any specific companies/industries youd like to see in the candidates experience?
- Familiarity with nuclear power plant environments
- Phone or Video interview
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.