Continuous Improvement Engineer
1400 W Market St Troy, OH 45373 US
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment
- Support and train 5S throughout the plant
- Understand, determine necessary changes, and contribute to the creation of engineering labor standards
- Assist in the continued development, training, coaching, and implementing of the front-line management system
- Monitor, track, and improve manufacturing efficiency
- Assess and develop processes that deliver required results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Contribute ideas to budget development and determine ways to support plant leadership in controlling and reducing labor costs
- Formulate short- and long-term operating objectives in cost reduction, quality improvement, and new product integration.
- Develop and maintain a partnership with supporting areas including scheduling, materials, engineering, and maintenance.
- Establish machine and labor capacity analysis on critical processes.
- Response to customer feedback and complaints.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and prepare for audits.
- Develop a playbook for labor assignments within all production areas that assists line leaders in making staffing adjusts to counter changing customer demand
- Develop high performance work teams thru teaching of problem solving, Kaizen, and other lean principles
- Drive a continuous improvement culture
- Analyze actual production methods and establish best practices in order to standardize processes within and between plants
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent education plus experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' of demonstrated continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in implementation of lean manufacturing concepts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong developer of teams.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.