Controls System Engineer
40 S Corporate Hills Dr #102 St. Charles, MO 63301 US
The Control Systems Engineer is responsible for planning, organizing, controlling, integrating, and completing customer projects in the automation control systems branch of our business. The Engineer is assigned a project following booking of the sale and serves as the project manager, programming resource, and start-up coordinator for automation projects in a variety of industries.
General Statement of Duties:
Develop and modify PLC/HMI programs of a high degree of complexity, involving process control and interlocking of industrial process controls to field equipment. Assume responsibility for the installation and performance of complex industrial process control systems in the field. Serve as Project Manager on assigned projects from initiation through completion of the project.
1. Manage multiple projects from definition at time of sale through actual start-up at the customer facility.
2. Coordinate direct communication with the customer team to ensure that equipment listing, process flow, HMI screen definition, and project timeline details are documented and incorporated into the production process.
3. Complete the actual PLC programming and HMI screen programming for production project.
4. Ensure proper and through communication with customer, production, Engineering, and sales team members on the status of projects responsible for.
5. Ensure the projects are programmed in conjunction with established standards and libraries. Additionally, ensure that libraries are updated to reflect new applications and industries.
6. Develop, present, or respond to change orders and proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
7. Provide both phone (via modem and/or VPN connection to customer site) and on-site start-up and troubleshooting support for projects. Installation and Training
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.