Controls Systems Service Tech (2)
40 S Corporate Hills Dr #102 St. Charles, MO 63301 US
1. Work with a wide range of customers to help troubleshoot programming, electrical, and mechanical issues.
2. Determine when a support request needs to be escalated into the projects department or quoted through sales.
3. Make minor modifications to ladder logic PLC programming.
4. Troubleshoot Ethernet network communication issues.
5. Diagnose HMI communication issues.
6. Log customer issues and track time spent working with each customer.
7. Work through various VPN connections the customer sites.
8. Read and understand electrical drawings
9. Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers, documenting how such changes will lower costs or increase production.
10. Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
11. Work within a team to delegate requests
12. Follow up on issues to see them through to their resolution.
ENVIRONMENT: Office conditions, with rare field trips to bakeries, feed mills and other industrial facilities where hot and dusty environments are prevalent REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Control Systems Engineering and Customer Service Manager
SUBORDINATE POSITIONS: No formal subordinates.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: • Standing, sitting, unilateral and bilateral movement, reaching, grasping, talking and hearing • Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less with the ability to bring objects into sharp focus while reading computer screen. • Must be able to deal with field conditions that are dusty and hot (110°F) • Occasionally work on lifts and ladders that are approximately 20’ off the ground • Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to rent a car • Must be able to fly commercial airlines both nationwide and internationally • Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: occasional (<10%) nationwide travel is preferred but not required.
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: • Allen Bradley RSLogix
• Inductive Automation Ignition, or Rockwell Factory Talk View HMIs
• In-house and on-the-job training will be provided to certify technician as proficient in the installation and repair of controls systems and products This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Two year Associate degree in Electronics or Electrical Technology.
2. Preferred 2 to 4 years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in PLC and/or Operations.
3. Practical understanding and working capabilities with programming PLC logic and HMI screens (e.g. Rockwell Automation Control Logix, Siemens TIA Portal, Siemens S7, RSView, Ignition, etc.)
4. Understanding of industrial process control systems using PLC and PC based architectures
5. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
6. Knowledge of the practical application of Engineering science and technology.
7. Practical experience with communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
8. Demonstrated experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
9. Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook
10. Must give attention to detail and take pride in work produced
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.