Cost Controls Specialist
BRADHAM BLVD AND HWY 215 Jenkinsville, SC 29065 US
Serve as Digital Team Cost Controls Analyst to support Project Managers with multi-million dollar capital projects.
This candidate be dealing with Private Personal Information (PPI), Company Sensitive Information, or Credit Sensitive Information.
- Support Project Managers with cost control needs.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate planning, estimating and cost controls for power station construction projects
- Prepare cost estimates and develop detailed power station construction project schedules.
- Develop and maintain cost plan based on approved estimates and schedules
- Monitor actual project cost and/or work status data to ensure project is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Prepare budgets and analyze monthly cost reports.
- Implement, evaluate, and monitor controls systems.
- Coordinate use of controls equipment and facilities. Conduct meetings with contractors and company personnel on cost control matters.
- Interface with other groups/departments to coordinate and integrate support requirements on construction schedules.
- Evaluate project field and scope changes for impact on cost and/or schedule and update project budgets.
- Develop Ad Hoc Microsoft Excel models to summarize large data sets.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Other related duties include:
- Self Starter and motivated to resolve questions in a timely manner.
- Proficiently performs assignments having the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience needed to carry out all aspects of the job.
- Exercises independent judgment and decisionmaking in planning, organizing and conducting work assignments.
- May receive instructions and guidance on unusual or complex problems and knows when to get others involved.
- Effectively utilizes the proper resources to develop solutions and devise new approaches to problems encountered in work assignments.
- Strong attention to detail and high ethical standards.
- Ability to synthesize diverse information (technical, schedule, and cost) and exercise good judgment.
- Proficient in Excel and financial systems
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Nice to Have Skills:
- SAP, Excel, Power Query
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 5+ years of cost controls experience
- Bachelors degree plus 5 years of cost or budget analyst experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Other education - Accounting, Business, Finance, Construction management.
- Are there any specific companies/industries youd like to see in the candidates experience?
- Nuclear, Construction, Manufacturing, Utility
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.