Cost Engineering Analyst
1 Lincoln Ctr Villa Park, IL 60181 US
- Provide project controls Cost Engineering support per PC-ED-2014 to the director, manager of projects, project managers, contractors and other key team members.
- Analyze project actual and forecast to ensure compliance with annual internal and external Sarbanes Oxley Audits.
- Identify project/program budget, forecast, and authorization issues early and developing resolutions to meet project metrics.
- Provide historical comparisons of complete projects and programs.
- Develop and monitor the budgets for transmission, sub-station, distribution projects and programs.
- Manage program financial risks and opportunities and provide detailed analysis of variances to budget, quarterly plan, and month over month variance analysis.
- Prepare project accrual and JE and support project managers during financial challenge meetings.
- Provide 24/7 on call services for emergent projects.
- Utilize the current Exelon Financial Management system for support work.
- Currently, financial management system for these utilities is WPT/Clarity.
- Utilize Passport Work Management and Supply systems.
- Run, summarize and analyze various Hyperion reports to support projects and processes.
- Schedule and run monthly forecasting and accrual meetings with Project managers, report variances and issues to both the PM and project controls leadership.
- Utilize Excel detailed cost files for budgeting, cost management updates and earned value performance output.
- Manage budgets, forecasts, authorization limits and accruals for all assigned projects and programs.
- Provide monthly reports for: reauthorization risk, forecast accuracy by Project Manager, program and department, CIAC forecast and analysis, Contingency released and remaining, and others as requested.
- Ensures that all PAR forms in WPT are completed properly and route for approvals.
- Provides review of FERC assets, Capital & Expense classification, and property units for projects.
- Supports the development of the financial slides used in DOA approval presentations representing the requested authorization, funding sources, projected spend, etc.
- Monitors the portfolio of projects estimate at completion versus authorization ensuring that projects do not exceed authorization.
- Manages the Vendor Forecasting process which is used as a source of input for Cost Engineering.
- Reviews vendor forecasts to ensure that they are providing quality forecasts.
- Develops material request reporting which is used as a source of input for Cost Engineering.
- Provides an accounting review of all centrally managed material request and contractor contracts to ensure appropriate department and subaccount assignments.
- Creates ITNs in WPT if needed to track project budget, forecast, and authorization.
Supplier Call Notes - Cost Engineering Analyst
- 2-5 years in project controls
- Forecasting & Budgeting
- Working knowledge of accruals
- Journal Entries
- Understand the difference between capital vs. expense
- $100k - $5m capital project spend
- Utility experience is a plus but not a requirement
- good communication skills
- detail oriented
- good with numbers
- Excel skills - above average skillset - pivot table, vlookups, functions
- Understands finances to present to non-technical audience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.