Department Manager - Remediation
200 W Adams St. Chicago, IL 60606 US
This position is responsible for the successful strategies, business development, project execution and overall leadership of the Remediation practice.
This position will lead one of our Remediation Departments within the Environmental Services (ENS) Global Practice. The Environmental practice serves both private and public market sectors. This position will work closely with us leadership to continue to build an outstanding environmental practice in Chicago and across the Midwest. This position will build upon the existing team within the Remediation Department to grow the practice in a dynamic and profitable manner based upon our core values of client satisfaction, commitment, dedication, integrity, safety and overall outstanding service. Specific areas of responsibility include the following:
- Ensure quality and safety standards. Adhere to Quality Control program. Responsible for maintaining the Safety program.
- Assist in the development of a long-term strategic plan for growing one of the existing Remediation Departments that is not focused on the utility sector. Identify, develop and direct the implementation of business strategy for the Department, including operational strategies and procedures, marketing and pricing strategy, sales and customer retention strategy.
- Serve as a Client Account Manager for target clients, providing guidance to client coordinators who will take primary responsibility for ultimate delivery of services and client satisfaction.
- Create and cultivate key relationships within target client organizations.
- Develop client service plans which include vertical relationship plans for the target client organizations.
- Identify program and project opportunities early and facilitate go/no-go decisions in cooperation with Chicago office leadership and ENS practice leadership.
- Develop approaches to convert remedial investigation/design projects into construction, preferably as design-build or engineer-procure-construct (EPC) programs.
- Facilitate pursuit strategy and capture plan development to pre-sell projects before RFP release.
- Lead or facilitate proposal development, based on client feedback and key win themes for project pursuits.
- Lead risk assessment and mitigation strategies, and contract and negotiation process for projects after selection.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Creates and invests in emerging leaders.
- Enables others to act, allocating appropriate decision-making authority and responsibility to others to maximize professional growth of others.
- Can diffuse conflict; Encourages negotiation and workplace diplomacy;
- Generates enthusiasm, motivates and encourages others. Able to create a fun, challenging, and positive work environment with a culture of excellence.
- Makes difficult decisions and builds consensus when appropriate.
- Upholds and communicates employee-ownership culture, company policies, procedures and values.
Measures of Performance:
These performance measures will be quantified in cooperation with leadership.
- Attainment of sales, revenue and income goals for the Remediation Department.
- Attainment of billable time targets for Department staff.
- Ability to lead PMs and develop management skills to maximize safety, client satisfaction and profitability on projects.
- Growth of the department based on sales, revenue, net income (profitability) and staff size.
- Ability to maximize profitability on projects.
- Ability to attract, hire, develop, and retain the best people into the company
- Ability to execute projects meeting or exceeding client expectations for quality, schedule and budget.
- Ability to execute projects in a manner to meet and exceed internal expectations for quality, schedule, labor/cost budgets, project profitability, safety and client satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental science, geology, or related field from an accredited program.
- Minimum 9 years related professional experience, including management or oversight of remedial construction, with 9 years of experience highly preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- his position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Previous consulting experience preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.