320 SPRINGSIDE DRIVE Akron, OH 44333 US
Able to produce/update design drawings for gas pipeline projects. Also research and provide company records to help produce project folders. Organization is a must.
- The contractor will be expected to help assist current engineering technicians.
- Will help create inspection packets, review checklists, print and assemble folders that are required for the inspection team.
- The contractor will need to be able to learn SAP, able to create VCUs for all types of transmission, storage and gathering, & high-pressure distribution projects.
- Records research including the understanding of field note, property records, digital (scanned) records, the use of the GIS system
- Help in creating electronic requests to vendors for Basemaps and pipeline design.
- Contractor to be responsible for submitting online request for Environmental and Land.
- AutoCAD experience is needed for updating company documents such as plugging/takedown maps and modifying existing pipeline designs.
- 1-3 years experience and who also have an engineering Associates degrees.
- Also focus on less emphasis on AutoCad Experience (approximately 30% of the time would be doing AutoCad) more on the Records Keeping, Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Organizational skills.
Top 3 Required Skills
- AutoCAD drafting/design
- SAP/ Microsoft Tools
- Gas/Utility knowledge
- Gas pipeline design
- Utility knowledge
- Civil drafting/design knowledge of Right of Way
- Surveying background
- Any type of civil/roadway construction background
- Pipeline integrity
- Understanding/comprehension of SOP
- 5 years preferred
- Job shadowing is huge in this position.
- Learning from the current work force is crucial in this job.
- Willingness to partner with current employees, ability to retain info.
- Electrical, petroleum, civil, mechanical, chemical, drafting schools
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.