Design Technician II
1945 W Parnall Road Jackson, MI 49201 US
The designer is responsible for developing the Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) drawings used to complete infrastructure improvement projects involving the installation or modification of electrical systems, communications systems and process measurement devices at natural gas regulation and associated pipeline facilities. The designer also assists in developing support detail and information documents for various engineering activities and projects as well as supporting material procurement and development of design standards.
- Design technicians must have advanced computer and applications knowledge.
- Communication skills are important to this role.
- Clear and precise drawings are needed to effectively convey the designs to the operational and construction groups.
- The designs this person provide need to be safe, ergonomic, and practical.
- Drafting experience utilizing MicroStation or AutoCAD, or similar.
- An associate degree in the requisite scientific or technical field.
- Significant years of relevant design experience may be considered in leu of a technical degree.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.