Digital Design Engineer SME - Nuclear
4800 Concord Road York, SC 29745 US
Our client needs an I&C/Digital Design Engineer (preferably who has experience with the Nuclear Standard Design Process). The primary duties would be to produce Engineering Design Change Packages (EC). This involves:
- Perform field walkdowns in the plant to scope out the EC work
- Providing sketches/red-marked drawings to a CAD drafter to produce drawings (Connection Diagrams, Elementary Diagrams, Outline Drawings, Location Drawings, Bill of Materials, Cable Routing Cards etc…) for the EC
- Providing information for changes/additions/deletions for the Equipment Database for the EC
- Calculation Changes for the EC (e.g. electrical loading calc)
- Technical Requirements Document or Specification to order equipment/system from an OEM
- Develop post mod testing requirements for the EC
- Provide information to a Cyber Security Specialist for developing Cyber Security Documentation for the EC
- Creating the EC in NAS (Nuclear Asset Suite) that includes the BASEDOCS, misc EC forms (e.g. Fire Protection, PRA, Environmental, etc…)
- Provide EC implementation instructions to a Planner to incorporate into a Work Order and review the Work Order to verify instructions and testing have been incorporated correctly.
- We typically either are doing an EC to do a replacement of a component/equipment or are upgrading a plant control system.
- We buy most components as off the shelf equipment.
- When we are upgrading or replacing a control system, we buy the replacement control system from an OEM. So, we provide the requirements to the OEM with a Technical Requirements Document or Specification.
- The OEM provides the information for the control system for us to update/create the EC documentation as discussed above.
Examples of ECs my team is working on:
- EC to replace the Nuclear Instrumentation Power Range Detector Drawers, cabling and detectors (drawers and detectors will be purchased from an OEM)
- EC to upgrade Turbine Control System (purchased from an OEM)
- EC to upgrade Plant Security Computer System (purchased from an OEM)
- EC to upgrade Cooling Tower Fan Vibration Monitoring System (purchased from an OEM)
- EC to upgrade Digital Rod Position Indication System (purchased from an OEM)
- Workers at this level solve more complex problems in engineering areas of specialization with limited supervision.
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with even greater independence.
- They effectively apply fundamental concepts and procedures to work that is progressingly complex and varied.
- 15 years discipline experience and unique SME skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.