Director of RHVAC Engineering
200 Summit Drive Burlington, MA 01803 US
The Director of RHVAC Engineering will plan, direct and coordinate activities in the Engineering department ensuring development and implementation of projects and client deliverables. This candidate will oversee daily engineering operation in a cost-effective manner to meet current and future company and client needs. The Director of RHVAC Engineering will interface frequently with client Director level staff ensuring client-based goals are achieved.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements policies, practices, and standards to ensure effective and consistent department operation.
- Oversees engineering department growth and processes related to delivery of plans and programs.
- Provides developmental quarterly reviews for all Sr. Management staff and staff level engineering support team members.
- Reaches across multiple departments / business units to coordinate and facilitate issues in the best interests of the client and the business operation.
- Supports the strategic direction for the engineering team and client-based initiatives.
- Schedules meetings with staff and client leads for all phases of construction development including planning, engineering, construction, commissioning and close out.
- Leads in the evaluation of engineered and technical solutions to benefit company and client requirements.
- Supports engineering management teams with resource organization and organizational changes.
- Collaborates with client to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
- Works with team to identify, recommend, and implement technologies and systems to meet sustainability goals.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in support of client sustainability goals.
- Works with team to develop training and development for department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and a minimum of 10 years of applicable experience
- Executive-level management experience preferred.
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Customer experience from project to executive management preferred.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.