Distribution Design Tech - Distribution Modernization
2111 Woodward Avenue, Suite 202 Detroit, MI 48201 US
- An Distribution Design Tech will assist in various phases of planning, site evaluations, analytical designs, report preparation, specifications, and preparation of proposal and construction documentation and electrical plans as part of a project team. This position will work on various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients.
- Assist in designing various distribution project designs including creating electrical schematics, grid plan layouts, electrical power systems, lighting systems, protection and controls, and site and facility design. Follow all company, client and project design and drafting standards.
- Assist with set up of CAD configuration and procedures according to project requirements at the beginning of a project for the distribution design team.
- Assist in preparing engineering drawings from rough sketches or from general engineering and design information (verbal instructions and notes) usin CAD software programs
- Assist with a full range of drawing production work including problem analysis, design layout and calculations on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Assist with a variety of assignments using prescribed methods and standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation, sizing various system components, and refining rough sketches.
- Assist with initial rough designs or sketches and redlines or mark-ups on ongoing projects.
- Assist with analyzing reports, drawings, and tests, to plan and design projects
- Apply design codes and specifications related to design requirements.
- Complete and review design drawings within scope, budget and schedule. Perform project tasks and assignments within budgeted hours and deadlines.
- Incorporate schedules, budgets and project criteria into electrical design and layouts.
- Organize and maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and course work in drafting technology or specialized CAD certification or 1-year relevant drafting experience. (Bachelor's degree in any Engineering field is NOT allowed for this position except for Engineering Technology).
- Associate's degree or bachelor's degree in computer aided drafting/design preferred.
- Basic knowledge of commands in at least one CAD program; ability to occasionally use higher-level commands, time saving programs and routines.
- Basic knowledge and experience in multiple CAD systems preferred (including 3D).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in collaborative team environment.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Ability to meet deadlines and budget.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.