Distribution Engineering Technologist III
Greensboro, NC 27407 US
Distribution Engineering Technologist III - Technical expertise to accurately analyze complex options and prepare complex distribution facility designs for residential, commercial, and industrial projects, and leadership skills to manage work in a specific area of expertise, with minimal supervision.
Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the professional direction, the primary tasks of this position are to:
- Design the most complex electric distribution facilities and circuit construction projects across a wide geographic area including downtown underground projects, extra facility projects, high profile projects, highway relocation projects, and other projects requiring the highest reliability.
- Prepares site drawings, construction drawings, calculations, easements, and any other required documentation for complex installations of electrical distribution facilities.
- Prepares project and job packages including material estimates and material requisitions of the materials required for complex distribution system electrical designs both single phase and three phases.
- Properly apply company/client reliability principals to accurately evaluate voltage, loading, and reliability on electric distribution circuits including complex outage analysis and follow-up.
- Evaluate loading of various equipment components and circuitry or fusing to allow for system expansion ensuring a cost-effective, safe, and reliable design.
- Maintain accurate records and files and update the appropriate company/client systems including updating technical client databases.
- Develops relationships with key internal and external customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, and city officials as needed in the execution of client job responsibilities.
- Supports both company and client's business goals and expectation while representing themselves both positively and professionally. Ability to serve as one of the departmental leads to assist with training and providing technical support for other engineering classifications.
- Ability to provide advanced expertise to recognize and resolve complex problems, assist in interpreting codes, standards, regulations, requirements, and guidelines.
- Residential subdivisions (less then 10 lots ).
- Apartments and multi-family single services.
- Single and 3 phase commercial less then 600 Amp.
- Area lighting and street lighting jobs and upgrades less then 10 fixtures.
- Single customer conversions OH UG.
- Resolution of individual customer complaints.
- House moves.
- B.S. in engineering technology and 3-7 years experience OR associate degree in engineering technology with 5-11 years experience OR 8-17 years equivalent experience without degree.
- Proven competency in all aspects of the Distribution Specialist roles. Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Self-directed self-motivated, savvy, reliable, trustworthy, as well as technically competent.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills. Demonstrated time management skills. Understanding of basic electricity and power quality.
- Knowledge of Distribution construction standards and methods.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid drivers license and vehicle suitable for business use (mileage reimbursement applies).
- Proficient user of personal computer, particularly Microsoft Office based applications.
- Other Skills/Abilities. Self-Motivated, work independently, Team-Oriented, Customer Oriented, Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
- Thorough understanding of Electric Distribution materials, work procedures, and work dependencies.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of higher-level analysis programs and tools.
- Experience in leading groups or teams.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.