Distribution Project Manager
10 North Park Place Morristown, NJ 07960 US
Our Transmission & Distribution global practice has an immediate need for a Distribution Project Manager to support a program consisting of a combination of small to moderate size transmission, substation, and communication projects in the distribution space (2.4kV to 34.5kV). The Project Manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of the work related to the engineering, permitting, construction, and capitalization of multiple concurrent low voltage overhead transmission line, substation, and communication equipment improvement projects. The Distribution Project Manager will report directly to the Lead Project Manager and is responsible for cost management of the individual projects, the successful completion of the projects within the specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and any other project stakeholders.
Major responsibilities for the Project Manager will include:
- Provide overall management of projects from development, construction and closeout including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout.
- Must have prior low voltage experience (2.4kV to 34.5kV)
- Maintain clear lines of communication and relationships between project site, project office and clients.
- Drive project schedules and manage scope
- Maintain detailed, accurate project cost forecasts and accruals
- Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establish project controls systems and implement the project execution plan
- Work closely with the Project Team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to clients satisfaction
- Report regularly to the Lead Project Manager on construction progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring home office support
- Candidates for this position must have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field from an accredited curriculum.
- Minimum of five (5) years of low voltage line or substation project experience with at least two (2) years related project management experience.
- Project management experience must include construction phase of project execution.
- Must have detailed knowledge in substations, networks/telecommunications, or transmission lines.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contacts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus but not mandatory.
- Ability to travel.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Locations Candidate can work at:
- Reading - 2800 Pottsville Pike, Reading, PA 19605
- Morristown - 10 North Park Place, Morristown, New Jersey 07960
- Conshohocken 1001 E Hector St suite 110, Conshohocken, PA 19428
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.